"Mind, Body, Spiritual Attainment, Emotional Poise, Integrity"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fun Stories of a Five Year Old Soccer Coach

God works in mysterious ways........

Now that is a something that I have heard all of my life, believed but never thought I had lived it. These past few weeks have been.....interesting....and those interesting scenarios have led me to be Coach Jordan. I am officially a coach for the College Station Youth Soccer Club but not just any coach, I get the babies! I am coaching 6 of the cutest 5 year olds in the world!

Tonight was our first practice and to show how it went, here is a picture of what my living room turned into 10 minutes before I was out the door:


What is all of that stuff you say? Well, I have 3 hula hoops, 12 soccer balls, a set of bowling pins, 16 cones, and our 6 NEON yellow jerseys. I am always prepared :)

Then it was off to practice. My little kiddos are just adorable and made me laugh, smile, want to pull my hair out, raise my voice, trip over my feet.....ALL at the same time. Needless to say, this should be a fun but unique experience.

At the end of practice, it was time to pick a team name. To start this off, I have 4 boys and twin girls........if you know anything about 5 year olds you know that boys and girls will NEVER agree on a team name. But I was bound and determined. We narrowed it down to the Bulldogs or BumbleBee (not the animal but the transformer) but still no compromise.

Coach Jordan to the rescue!! After much thought, I decided that we should be call the "BumbleDogs"! Nice compromise, right? RIGHT! They loved it and it made the parents laugh (something that I hope to see more of this season). So here is to a great season! Game 1 on Saturday! Go BumbleDogs!

And to think, none of this could have happened if not for the changes in my life. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me next and how He can help me be a role model to these children! Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment